My currently reading list:
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – So, I got about 20% through this and then stopped reading. And then it got automatically returned (reading on my Kindle). So I’m back on the wait list so I can make myself finish it.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath – I recently got it back from the library and am about half way through it and plan on finishing it this week. Come hell or high water.
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi – I’m listening to this via my Kindle and I may have to relisten to it again because it’s so interesting and well written but at the same time, I’m like what was that? It’s really good. So freaking, good and imaginative and I’m really liking it a lot!
So those are my top 3 books right now. I’m currently on hold for 10 books lol And I’m excited about all of them. So hopefully over the next few weeks, I’ll be updating my blog more. And hopefully, my kiddos will be cooperative so I can 1. read, and 2. review the books I read.
Have a great week! My birthday is this week so I’m hoping I do!
I thought I’d update you on my TBR (to-be-read) pile of books that I have. Some of these are books that I’ve been putting off for years (yes, years) and others I’ve just never really thought of reading until someone recommended that book to me. I’ll explain more when as I list the books on my list.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
This is a relatively new book to me. I know it’s been around for a while but it was recently recommended to me by an acquaintance. She raved about it so I thought I’d give a shot. I just was informed via email that it’s waiting for me at the library. So it should be a review soon!
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
admittedly, I was supposed to read this in high school and didn’t. My friend read it and gave me some notes on it so I did pass the test on it. I just couldn’t get into it. I did get it from the library recently, and got half way through it before I had to return it. I’m back on hold for it so once I get it back, I’ll be finishing it and reviewing it.
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
I admit that this one is mostly out of curiosity. I’ve so much shit about Lena that I just want to read and judge it for myself. I enjoy a good autobiography (which I’ve learned recently after reading about 4-5 of them lately) so I’m hoping that maybe it’s not as bad as all the critics make it out to be.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
The 3rd book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Maas. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. It is SUCH a great story and the characters are wonderful. If you want to fall in love with a male ficitional character, read this series. I’m obsessed!
- Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
I love Rainbow Rowell and all that she writes. So it’s no surprise she’s on my list.
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
A recently new book that came across my screen about “a read you’d be interested in”. I read an excerpt and thought it was so good!
- The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
It’s been on my list for a while. I will eventually get to it. It sounds very good.
So that’s it so far. I’m sure there’s more but I can’t find my list lol
I’ll keep ya updated on when I do reviews!
It’s been a while, I know. But that last few months have been CRAZY! We moved, overseas! Say whaaaat?! But yep, we made the big move and are finally settling in. It’s been a lot hectic trying to find a home, register our oldest for school, find places to shop, get our car ready to use (which it still isn’t, so we’re still walking a lot).
But I’ve been reading! A lot! So I will be playing catch up on my reviews starting today and probably for the next few days. So keep a look out. Hopefully, I can recommend something to you that you may not consider to pick up usually. Which is always my goal!
So I’ve been MIA on here lately for good reason. I had a baby lol
It’s been crazy hectic but I’ve been getting some reading in. I’ll be posting some reviews soon…while my baby and toddler sleep. So be on the look out!
Hope all is well in your life!
We found out last month that we are having…wait for it…
Another beautiful little baby girl ❤
We do have a name but we’re not sharing it as people are stupid and judgy when it comes to naming your own child. I will say her initials will be CPT.
There’s really no other news other than I’m patiently waiting for my parents to come visit soon. It’s crazy how when you get older you miss your parents so much and want to be with them. I miss them so much. One day we’ll live close to each other again.
Hope y’all are having a great weekend 🙂